This article from TechRepublic.com explores the benefits and side effects of using three types of table hints when running queries in SQL Server: READCOMMITTED, REPEATABLEREAD, and SERIALIZABLE. The previous article in this series covered NOLOCK and READPAST.
Other SQL Server articles from Tech Republic:
- Experiencing the power of SQL templates
- Building a data values dictionary with SQL
- Using recursion in stored procedures
- Develop more quickly by re-using databases
- Recovering from hardware upgrade problems with SQL
- Create a histograph in SQL Server