Monday, April 28, 2008
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Download the free BETA of the new v3.0 of my Access-based CRM System with Integrated Executive Diary Management:
- Easily manage Clients, Contacts, Client Visits, and Internal Meetings
- Quickly create detailed Visit and Meeting Reports
- Built-in Visit scheduling
- Automated email distribution
- Comprehensive reporting
- Contact Interests tracking
- Event and Marketing Campaign management
- Modern Windows Vista-themed GUI
- Visits Alerts and overdue visit monitoring
- Client address information
- More comprehensive reporting options
Used by senior executives at Munich Re Australia, Samsung Fire & Marine, and UBS.
New in Version 3.0:
- Ad-hoc client calls management
- Advertising tracking for client campaigns
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Live Mesh has left the building. Is this future of the Desktop? Have a look.
At this point it is a shared space in a web browser, with limited collaboration services. Microsoft says it will evolve into browser development platform, where existing (Office?) applications can occupy a browser window.
TableDiff is a console executable packaged with SQL Server that allows you to compare data between SQL Server tables. Tim Chapman of TechRepublic.com shows how to use TableDiff.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Latest SQL Server and Data Access KB Articles
FIX: SQL Server 2005 is not installed on a Windows Web Server 2008-based system
An SPN for the SQL Server Browser service is required when you establish a connection to a named instance of SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services or of SQL Server 2005
FIX: No results are returned when you run a stored procedure in Server Explorer in Business Intelligence Development Studio if the stored procedure returns a column of the unique identifier data type in SQL Server 2005
FIX: Error message when you try to delete the rows from the table in SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition or in SQL Server Compact 3.5: "Major Error 0x80004005, Minor Error 0. Attempted to divide by zero"
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Neowin.net says it has procured the release schedule for Windows XP SP3:
- April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
- April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
- April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
- June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
From the Access Team Blog today:
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
FIX: Error message when you run queries on a database that has the SNAPSHOT isolation level enabled in SQL Server 2005: "Unable to deallocate a kept page"
Error message when you execute a CLR routine or use an assembly in SQL Server 2005: "Assembly in host store has a different signature than assembly in GAC. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131050)"
FIX: SQL Server 2005 requests columns that you do not expect when you run a SELECT statement
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
A very timely article from the April 2008 issue of the MS TechNet Magazine, which focuses on:
- The benefits of integrating Access and SharePoint
- Migrating Access data to SharePoint
- Extending Access functionality with SharePoint