Monday, July 27, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
NEW Super Dashboard Switchboard and Builder
for Microsoft© 2002/2003/2007
Easily build complex dashboard of multiple switchboards of different types:
classic list or nested treeview
Replace the native Access Switchboards with this superior dashboard of up to 8 switchboards, which uses native Access controls for the SideBar and the MSCOMCTL.OCX TreeView and ImageList controls for the treeview switchboard. Each switchboard can be either a classic items switchboard or a fully nested treeview switchboard. A treeview can contain up to 1,000 nodes, and a classic items list can contain up to 16 items.
Included is the advanced Dashboard Builder MDE which fully automates the creation and maintenance of the Dashboard and each switchboard.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
New Features in Access 2010
The Access Team Blog has provided details of some new feature in Access 2010:
- The new Getting Started window includes community templates.
- Integration with Office themes
- A new navigation control enables code-less web tab style navigation.
- A revamped macro designer makes it easier to "write more powerful, readable logic while IntelliSense speeds up development and reduces errors",
- Centralized business logic. Data macros to write logic behind tables similar to SQL triggers makes it easier to maintain applications by centralizing business logic:
- Landing pad for data. A new Web Browser control gives users the ability to create Web 2.0 mash-ups and display web content in the application.
- Integration with Business Connectivity Services (BCS) allows creation of read-only link tables to LOB web services, to enable users to make use of trusted and validated data.
- SharePoint performance and offline access. Access 2010 extends the ability of Access 2007 with improvements to the Sharepoint link table cache. In the new offline mode listst data is cached in local tables to improve large list performance. When server connectivity is lost, the database goes into offline mode. When connectivity is restored, Access automatically synchronizes data changes.
- Browser apps. Access 2010 will make it easier to share databases in the browser, and more information will be available after the SharePoint Developer Conference in October 2009.
The following recent blog posts provide some very useful code:
- From VBA Tips & Tricks How to save a Word 2007 document as a PDF
- From Daily Access Tips A generic form data validation function. The sample code calls the function from the form's VBA module's OpenForm event. You could streamline the call by using a no-module form where the function is assigned to the OnOpen Event in the form's properties dialog: =SetValidatorEventHandlers(Me)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Office 2010 Limited Technical Test Build Out Today
The technical preview of the Office Web versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote will be out in in August.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
New Web 2.0 Switchboard for MS Access
I have just relased a great new Web 2.0 Switchboard for MS Access offering all the rich functionality of a Web 2.0 gui without OCXs or DLLs - using only native Access controls:
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Courtesy of KBAlertz.com:
971815 No Data Appears on Data Access Pages opened in Internet Explorer 8.0Access 2002
969403 Description of the update for Access 2002 (Vbe6.msp): April 27, 2009Access 2003
972557 Description of the Access 2003 hotfix package (Msaccess.msp): June 30, 2009Access 2007
968245 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Ace.msp, Mso.msp): February 24, 2009970233 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Access.msp): April 30, 2009
969406 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Access-nl-nl.msp): April 30, 2009970727 Not all 2007 Office SP1 .msp files in the MSE package are installed if you apply the package on a computer that has the February 2009, March 2009, or April 2009 public update or the February 2009 cumulative update installed
968861 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Ace.msp): April 30, 2009
969613 MS09-027: Description of the security update for the 2007 Office system and for the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system: June 9, 2009971859 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Ace.msp): June 30, 2009
972558 Performance is slow when you click fields, tab between fields, or scroll down through fields in Datasheet view in Access 2007972570 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Access.msp, Mso.msp): June 30, 2009
972347 Description of the Access 2007 hotfix package (Access.msp): June 30, 2009