Version 3.0 of Object Dependency Browser for Access 2007-2013 (ODB) has just been released.
ODB v3.0 adds the option of showing object dependencies for table, query, form, report and commandbar objects in all VBA modules, returning the module name, the line number, and the full line of text for each instance.
ODB is the easy way to explore all objects, object collections, and dependencies of your Access database.
Microsoft introduced a native object dependency viewer in Access 2003, where objects can be viewed in separate treeviews:
- objects that depend on me, and
- objects that I depend on.
ODB goes further:
- The two dependency views are integrated in the one treeview. For example, ODB displays not only the fields collection for a table, but linked tables and joins, and all other objects in the database that depend on that table. Clicking on a join field will show the related to table/field and the type of join.
- Full dependency details are also displayed in the adjacent properties pane.
- Each object can be fully documented in a formatted Access report by clicking the Document button.
- Copy all object details from the properties pane to the Windows clipboard by clicking the Copy to Clipboard button.
- Open database objects in design view with a click of the Design button.